Category: What's Your Home Worth?.
Tags: box elder county utah real estate, buying a home in No Ogden, buying a home in north ogden, Buying a home in Roy, Buying a home in roy utah, buying a home in tremonton, buying a home in tremonton utah, buying in ogden, homes for sale in box elder county, Ogden, ogden utah real estate, selling a home in box elder county, Selling a home in No Ogden, selling a home in north ogden, selling a home in ogden, selling a home in Ogden Utah, selling a home in roy, selling a home in roy utah, selling a home in temonton utah, selling a home in tremonton, selling in ogden utah, whats my home worth
According to the NAR: Despite home price drops in many cities, remodeling projects are holding their own as a way for owners to add value.
Many people are wondering where their money will be safest during these uncertain economic times.
Top 10 Project Paybacks
Once again, exterior remodeling projects lead the way for recovery on dollars spent in this year’s Cost vs. Value survey. When you compare the national averages, replacement projects that boost curb appeal—siding, windows, and decks—give you the greatest chance of recouping your money. Inside, only kitchen remodels can compare, at least on a national level.
1. Upscale fiber cement siding (86.7%)
2. Midrange wood deck (81.8%)
3. Midrange vinyl siding (80.7%)
4. Upscale foam-backed vinyl (80.4%)
5. Midrange minor kitchen remodel (79.5%)
6. Upscale vinyl window replacement (79.2%)
7. Midrange wood window replacement (77.7%)
8. Midrange vinyl window replacement (77.2%)
9. Upscale wood window replacement (76.5%
10. Midrange major kitchen remodel (76.0%)
To see full article Go To: http://www.realtor.org/rmohome_and_design/articles/2008/0812_costvsvalue_2008