Category: Housing Market.
I ran into an acquaintance the other day and we got to talking about the McCalla housing market. This person asked me if I was buying any investment properties in the McCalla housing market. I replied, “No” and they asked me, “Why not? Have you not heard the news that America is on sale for half off?”. That phrase has stuck in my mind for days now. But as I started thinking about it, with all of the gloom and doom we hear from the media coverage, why would we think anything any different about the McCalla housing market?
Unfortunately, hearing all of these reports about the housing market is something like hearing tornado sirens go off on a stormy day. It is crystal clear that there is cause for concern when it comes to the housing market. Its not clear what to do about it. This negative publicity causes qualified McCalla buyers to miss the chance of owning a home in today’s housing market. It is obviously in the McCalla buyers favor to buy today due to the supply and demand in the housing market.
Home prices have fallen drastically in some areas of the country where overbuilding and investor speculation have occurred. We should feel fortunate the state of Alabama and the McCalla housing market has not been affected as badly.
Let me give you some reasons why now is the time to buy in the McCalla housing market:
- Financing is favorable…for now.
- McCalla sellers are willing to make concessions by helping to pay the McCalla buyers closing cost.
- Being a McCalla first time homebuyer or not owning a home in the last 3 years qualifies you to take advantage of the 2008 Stimulus Bill. This allows you to receive up to $7,500.00 back when you file your income taxes (call me for details).
- Finding value is easier in a tough housing market.
- Home ownership builds equity. I always coach my McCalla first time homebuyers to understand that this is the best way to have a savings account.
- Long term, owning in McCalla usually beats renting.
- Uncle Sam wants you… to be a McCalla homeowner by allowing you tax deductions on mortgage interest and property taxes.
- At the time of this posting, Congress is now in session and hopefully the best is yet to come for the McCalla housing market. I will keep you posted.
So if America is on sale for half off, McCalla buyers should be running to the mortgage companies getting a loan approval because supply and demand in the housing market ALWAYS flip-flops back and forth. This too, shall pass.