What are the 10 Key Improvements a Home Owner Can Make to Enhance the
Value of their Home, Without “Breaking the Budget?”
By: Vicki Kirk Holton-Kirk Holton Team with Keller Williams
Thinking of putting your home on the market? Some homeowners are
reluctant due to the fact that they think they will have to spend a
lot of money to bring their home up to par.
But what are the key improvements one can make without spending a
fortune? Roll up your sleeves and put some “sweat equity ” into your
home! You will reap the benefits!
1) De clutter and pack away all items you can live without for
awhile. A cluttered home always looks smaller.
2) Clean your home from top to bottom…clean, fresh smelling homes
sell much more quickly.
3) A fresh coat of paint in a neutral color will make you home appeal
to 90% of the buyers rather than 20% of the buyers. (Not everyone will
fall in love with your red dining room.)
4) Clean up and tidy up landscaping. Many homes are eliminated by
buyers at the curb!
5) Purchase a few new light fixtures to freshen up the look of a
porch, dining room, etc. They don’t cost much but can make a big
6) De personalize….remove personal pictures…from the refrigerator too!
7) Uncover windows that have out dated curtains or shades…buyers
love a light and bright home.
8.)If you have a cat, dog, or smoke odor….open the windows, air out
the home and utilize some air fresheners.
9) After you are finished….ask your agent …or a decorator friend
to assess your placement of furniture…accent pieces, etc.
10) Consider staging if your agent or decorator friend advises it.
It can be a great investment, especially if the home is vacant. Good Luck!