DON’T FALL IN THE FSBO PIT! The Top 10 FSBO pitfalls.
By: Vicki Holton-The Kirk Holton Team
You don’t want to be a FSBO because:
1. There are sooo many complicated forms.
2. Promotion (making flyers, paying for newspaper ads) gets expensive!
3. You are not able to have access to advertising in MLS and many
other numerous websites (90% of buyers find their homes on line).
4. The inconvenience of fielding phone calls and meeting people for
appointments is a pain!
5. Unqualified buyers and strangers are touring your home. You are attracting a lot of “looky lous”…or Sunday strollers.
6 Even though you are cooperating with agents, most agents do not
like to deal with “for sale by owners,” because the agent ends up
doing twice the work.
7. After you get a contract, you STILL don’t know if your buyer can
perform, since no one pre-qualified them.
8. You could end up making YOUR moving plans based on a closing that
may not happen.
9. You have no recourse if something goes wrong, we live in a very
10. In this challenging market, you will probably end up listing with
an agent anyway!
Would you want an accountant to sell your home? A manager of a restaurant? Why not choose a professional who sells homes for a living. It is worth your time to have a professional to get you to the ultimate goal….selling your home.