As a BUYER, I know you have many options in today’s Real Estate Market when it comes to choosing an agent. As an experienced and dedicated agent, who has worked and lived in the Woodland/Davis community for more than 40 years I have the expertise and knowledge about our Real Estate Market.
Now more than ever it is important to know the facts and stats about our market. And, with all the doom and gloom out there, believe it or not, NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY!
There are several reasons why homeownership makes economic, financial and personal sense at this time. In a recent article, The Wall Street Journal lists 10 reasons why it’s a good time to buy a home. Here are some of those reasons:
1. It’s a BUYER’S MARKET. Many buyers have now vanished, as tax credits on purchases have just expired. Prices have come down about 30% in some areas from their peak.
2. MORGAGES ARE CHEAP. As of 9/20/10 one of our local lenders quoted the following rates: 30 Year Fixed @ 4.25 and a 15 year Fixed @ 3.75.
3. Possible SAVINGS on TAXES. Talk to an accountant or CPA about possible deductions with regards to mortgage interest and real estate Tax deductions and how this might affect your Tax liabilities. You may be surprised in a good way!!!!
4. The PRIDE of OWNERSHIP. You can paint, alter, and change your home to satisfy your needs. No longer are you restricted because of the limitations and restrictions from a landlord.
5. You’ll get a BETTER HOME. In many places it’s hard to find a good rental. Most of time, you would be better off buying if you are looking for a good home in a good neighborhood.
6. MANY HOMES TO CHOOSE FROM. As of 09/21/10 Yolo Co. has 431 Active listings on the Market. As banks unload their inventory of unsold properties more homes will be coming on the market.
Something to think about: The portion of your monthly mortgage payment that is allocated towards the principal of a mortgage, could be viewed as a forced monthly savings, because in the long run it’s building equity in your home.
If this makes sense to you and you are interesed in finding an agent to represent you, call or email me to discuss your Real Estate needs. I can automatically send you personalized MLS listings by email. You would be notified immediately with the latest listing information of homes that match your criteria.