So how much is the most expensive home in Massachusetts? Well if you had $24.5 million dollars, then it could be all yours. The top ten highest priced homes currently for sale in Massachusetts range from $13.995 million to $24.5 million with the average list price at $18.679 million and an average days on market of 365 days. Take a guess which town has the most homes on the list. If you guessed Boston, then you are wrong. Barnstable, MA is home to three of the top 10 most expensive homes in Massachusetts. Being close to Boston helps bump the value of your home, but being around water is just important!
10. Seapuit Road in Barnstable, MA (Cape Cod) – Listed for $13.5 Million – 11 acres overlooking North Bay is this 11,500 square foot home that with 7 bedrooms. This long driveway escape will provide you a little peace of mind in an otherwise crazy world! The next owner will not be disappointed with the pristine landscaping and high end finishes throughout.
9. Lee Street in Brookline, MA – Listed for $13.995 Million – This 9 bedroom home spans nearly 17,000 square feet and sports seven full baths with 4 garage spots and nestled on 3.1 acres. Being less than 20 minutes from Boston, this may just be the home for you!
8. Church Street in Falmouth, MA (The Cape) – Listed for $14 Million – Having 7.5 Acres on Little Harbor with 890′ feet of beach frontage is never a bad thing… Your guests will also enjoy it as there are 11 bedrooms and 8 full baths so be prepared to draw them a map of the 15,000 square feet.
7. Commonwealth Avenue in Boston, MA – Listed for $15.990 Million – For the buyer looking to own a piece of history in the most historic city in the United States. Spanning 15,000 square feet and being a block from the Commons this home will be perfect for the homeowner with lots of imagination.
6. Sea View Avenue, Barnstable, MA (Cape Cod) – Listed for $16.5 Million – Waterfront and a private beach on nearly 3 acres and almost 8000 square feet are generally good recipes for the most expensive homes in Massachusetts list. There will never be a bad day in this 6 bedroom, 5.5 bath home retreat.
5. Winsor Way, Weston, MA – Listed for $19.5 Million – When 20,000 square feet is not enough, then this 6 bedroom and 8 full bath home spanning 21,000 square might do the trick. Nestled on a serene 3.9 acres this home is only 20 minutes from Boston and sports every immaculate detail one could imagine including a tennis court, movie theater and an enormous wine cellar. The seller is throwing in the historical significance of this home for free!
4. Green Dunes Drive, Barnstable, MA (Cape Cod) – Listed for $22 Million – Nearly 11,000 square feet on almost 9 acres is this big slice of heaven that is perfect for the person looking for the much needed retreat. For the swimmers, there is the ocean in the summer and the indoor pool in the winter.
3. Dartmouth Street, Boston, MA (Back Bay) – Listed for $23 Million – Historical elegance is what comes to mind when I think about this 50 room mansion in the heart of Boston, MA. For the grand entertainers, this property has immaculate detail throughout and is a historical landmark in Boston. This is the definition of ‘owning a piece of history’.
2. Margin Street, Cohasset, MA – Listed for $23.9 Million – In one of the most picturesque towns of Cohasset, MA this gorgeous 10 bedroom home spans 24,000 square feet and is nestled on 9.41 acres in Cohasset Harbor. This home offers features such as tennis court, swimming pool and private beach with a large enough dock to hold a yacht.
1. Waltham Road, Wayland, MA – Listed for $24.5 Million – On over 11 acres surrounded by conservation land, this 25,400 square foot home has it all… Literally. It is safe to say that your friends will see a little less of you with an Elevator, Fitness and Steam Rooms, Billiard Room, swimming pool, sports court and an 8 stall barn.
Are any of these homes your dream home? Homes like these are for the few, but please do not hesitate to give Jeffrey Chubb of RE/MAX Select a call for all of your home buying and selling needs. Whether it is a $200,000 starter condo or a $5 million retreat, his services are second to none and you can be assured that you are in good hands. He can be reached at 617-480-2600 or found online at www.MoveWithChubb.com.