In Westlake Village Ca, many Sellers mistakenly think that the Holiday Season is the worst time of the year to sell a home. With busy schedules, time off for family gatherings, and fewer Buyers looking to purchase, there are a lot of things to consider.
In reality the Holiday Season may be one of the best times to sell, and here are fourteen good reasons to showcase your home during this time of the year.
There is less competition for Buyers, since many Sellers delay listing their homes until the Spring.
- Winter prospects are generally more serious Buyers.
- Buyers have more time to look at homes during the holidays, especially during vacations. It’s a great time to take dual-purpose trips to include both house hunting and family visits, without extra costs.
- Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay the Sellers price.
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a regular work week.
- You may receive more money for your home now because you have less competition from other sellers.
- You may have fewer actual showings, but more qualified and motivated prospects.
- One of the highest percentages of the “listing sold” to “listing taken” occurs during this time of the year.
- Your home looks better during the holidays. Even if you haven’t decorated your home, most people do clean up for visits from family and friends.
- Throughout the holiday season, buyers will understand if you restrict showings during your personal family events.
- January is traditionally the biggest transfer month, and you must have your home listed to capture that activity.
- By selling now you can have a delayed closing or extended occupancy until the beginning of the following year if you want it.
- When you sell during the winter you have an opportunity to buy during the spring, when more homes are on the market.
- Corporate transfers, who need to buy a home now, can’t wait until Spring to find a home. Many relocating employees start their new jobs in January.
- Moving during the Holidays is so much easier on the children, since they’re in touch with new friends as soon as school starts in January instead of being alone during the summer months.
Tags: Conejo Valley Ca Conejo Valley Landlord Checklist farmers market westlake village ca farmers market thousand oaks ca First Time Buyers Westlake Village Ca, Foreclosures Foreclosures Westlake Vilage Ca Greater Chamber of Commerce Military buyers Conejo Valley Ca Military Relocation Westlake Village Ca Military tax credit Westlake Village Ca Real Estate Re, THOUSAND OAKS REALTOR, WESTLAKE VILLAGE REALTOR