Florida was one of the hardest hit states suffering severe market damage due to foreclosure statistics. Listing your home for sale with a professional realtor who will adequately market your property is a must.
Interview a minimum of three realtors and list your property with a well known real estate company that is affiliated with a national referral network. Now is not the time to utilize the services of a discount brokerage firm and try to save a few bucks.
“For Sale By Owner” was once a popular method in the Maitland area to sell a home. Unfortunately advertising is very expensive and you can funnel a substantial amount of money into this cause with little or no results. Professional marketing with a realtor is the only remedy to this problem. Let the realtor be responsible to market and advertise your property.
Following is a list items you should discuss during the interview:
• How many homes have you sold in my neighborhood in the last year?
• Does your company have a national referral network?
• How many homes has your company sold in this area from the referral network in the last year?
• How often will you hold an open house?
• How often will you advertise my home?
• What sources do you use in your marketing efforts?
• Will you provide me with copies of all ads you run on my home?
• What is average market time in my area?
• I want a monthly updated market analysis listing recent sales and homes for sale in my area