Nothing will turn off a potential buyer quicker than an offensive odor in your Butte home for sale. It may make them think you don’t take care of your home. At the very least, the odor will interfere with their ability to picture themselves in your home. Take the time to remove odors from your home.
Here are 5 tips to make your home smell fresh and clean:
- Clean your carpets. Your carpets are fibers that absorb odor. Have your carpets cleaned by a professional to remove odors stuck in the carpet and pad. Another option is to rent a carpet cleaner and clean them yourself.
- Paint. Sometimes odors like smoke can be trapped in your walls. A fresh coat of paint will not only brighten your room, it can seal the walls and mask the offending odors. Just choose a neutral shade and paint at least two coats.
- Open your windows. Open the windows to let in fresh air. This will also help eliminate odors from your home.
- Replace your attic insulation. Cooking odors can rise to the ceiling and get trapped in your attic insulation. The only way to remove that odor is to remove the insulation and replace it. If at all possible, do this before you put up your [Butte] home for sale.
- Light candles and bring in air fresheners. If all else fails or as an extra precaution, place candles or air fresheners in each room. Choose light scents that won’t overpower the room. You just want enough fragrance to lightly mask odors.
Get your home in its best shape possible to convince a buyer to purchase your home. Let me help you prepare your Butte home for sale. Call me today at 406-491-1223 or email me at email@example.com
Remove odors from your home
Clean your carpets
Replace your attic insulation