For everyone who is preparing to sell their home in Albany, NY there are several things that need to be done to improve the chance of a fast sale. These range from minor things that anyone can do in a few hours, to more extensive tasks that might require assistance of outside help. Bellow you will find them listed.
1. Clean your house. This may seem like a no brainier, but it is so important. Many people do not fully appreciate how powerful the appearance of the interior of house can be. If you feel the task is to much it would be a good idea to hire a cleaning service to come in and do cleaning work before any potential buyers come to see the home.
2. Remove excess furniture. Prospective buyers want to see a big open space so that they can envision what the place will look like with their own belongs. It also makes the home look and feel larger. Place extra chairs and other non-essential pieces into storage.
3. Get your home inspected. There are some issues that you may not be aware of yet can be a problem down the road. A proper home inspection can tell you if there is mold somewhere, or a problematic septic system. Have it done so that you can avoid problems later.
4. Dealing with Pets. If you have pets it is a good idea to keep them out of sight when potential buyers come through. This even extends to removing their food dishes and other items. Many people think that pets detract from the value of a home so it would be best to keep them away for the period of the visit.
5. Do not point out problems you have not fixed. If there was something you were looking to do, but never got around doing it, do not point it out. If the potential buyers mention it you may address it but otherwise do not bring it up. It only makes the home look like it is lacking something.
For more information about real estate in your area give me a call.