Depending on what your personal requirements are, Aspen offers an abundance of opportunities including condominiums, fractional ownership opportunities, townhomes, and condominiumized half-duplexes.
Before heading out to look at properties, in addition to number of bedrooms, baths, square footage, and price range, I’ll need to know the following:
1. Do you plan to rent out the property? If so, will it be on a long-term (season or year round) basis or short-term (week-to-week basis)? Some condominium neighborhoods prevent rentals of any shorter time periods than 6 months at a time. How you plan to use the property will help determine where we look.
2. Do you plan to live in the property year round? If so, do you have pets? How many, what size and type? Some properties have strict requirements and prohibit pets or the number or type of pets permitted.
3. Do you like the feel of a large complex or do you prefer something a little more intimate?
4. What are your parking requirements if any? Again this can range from a private garage, to underground assigned parking to unassigned off-street parking or on-street parking.
5. Would you plan to have a car here, walk everywhere, or does mass transit suit you just as well? This will help determine the location.
6. What do you require in the way of amenities? Some complexes feature full amenities, such as pool, spa, tennis, on-site management, while others have none. Those with amenities often rent out very well on a short-term basis but have considerably higher association assessments.
7. Do you always come back to Aspen for your vacations at regular times and enjoy first-class accommodations, or do you like to travel to multiple worldwide destinations? If so, a fractional opportunity might be the perfect fit for you.
8. Will you plan to finance your purchase or will you be paying cash? Some types of properties, especially those containing a majority of investment owners are becoming increasingly more difficult on which to obtain conventional financing.
By discussing your needs and desires with me, I’ll be in a better position to save your valuable time and direct you to the best properties to meet your goals.