Just in time for fall home improvement season, here are some simple tips to find inspiration by adding theme and color to any room in your Pembroke Pines home:
- Paint one accent wall. Chose a color that will compliment the other walls. If the other walls are neutral, choose a bolder color for an accent. If the other walls have a strong color, choose a neutral color for an accent wall.
- Buy a slipcover for your sofa that blends with the color of the majority of walls. A solid color is best. Patterns can be introduced with other items.
- Choose pillows that are the color of the accent wall. Next pick a second accent color that provides additional interest and include one or two pillows of this color.
- Quick art can easily be made. Paint two blank canvases in a slightly lighter or darker color than the three original color walls. Tape off a wide horizontal or vertical stripe on the canvas. Paint the stripe the color of the accent wall. Then tape off another narrower stripe and paint the second accent color. When these are done, hang on the accent wall to bring the color scheme together.
- Move the furniture away from the walls and create conversation areas. Look for ways to mix and match furniture. Just because the furniture you like is available as a set doesn’t mean you have to purchase it that way. Mix it up a bit.
- Buy an area rug with a combination of both wall colors, plus the second accent color. Or for an easier choice, choose a solid color rug that is the first accent color.
- Change light bulbs to natural light bulbs. You will look years younger!
- Remove at least half the clutter. Only 3 items are allowed on the tabletops. Removing clutter automatically makes your room look bigger and more “put-together.”
- Buy a big bouquet of flowers containing blooms of the two accent colors. This will become a focal point of the room.
- Create balance between color and light. Make up for the lack of light by adding in some table lamps, wall sconces, a chandelier or a mirror and watch how it makes the room look so much bigger even if you’ve painted it charcoal gray.
Layering texture and pattern gives a room personality and stops the room from looking too flat. A nice South Florida theme could be an inspiration for color choices. Wrap a picture canvas with fabric stapled behind to create focal points. Choose fabrics that incorporate the room colors. Silk curtains, a patterned pillow, or even nice linen wallpaper are all things that can give the room dimension and make any room more interesting and appealing. Check out Adrian’s website for more information about Pembroke Pines Homes.